APT EnerStore Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) provides state-of-the-art grid/microgrid stabilization for renewable generated power, including solar, wind, etc. APT BESS can be stand alone NEMA 1, outdoor NEMA 3R, or fully integrated with low voltage switchboards, transformers, and medium voltage switchgear all in a single Outdoor Walk-In ISO Container Based Solar Power Combination Module. Stabilize your renewable power system with an EnerStore Battery Energy Storage System (BESS).
APT EnerStore Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) can be configured to automatically provide the following functions and major modes of operation simultaneously:
- Black start
- Utility Grade Uninterruptible power supply system
- Peak Shaving
- Frequency regulation
- Voltage/Reactive Power support
- Optimization of the operation of the renewable power sources
APT EnerStore Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) is designed to use most of the known or commercially available battery types and technologies. Lead-acid and lithium-ion technologies are the most proven and commonly used battery technologies as of now. APT will provide the most appropriate battery technology for the application. EnerStore DC Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) are equipped with the APT Battery Energy Storage Generators. APT Battery Energy Storage Generator Benefits and Features
- Enables the use battery energy storage to support the grid for:
- Frequency regulation
- Increase available fault current (therefore improve motor starting and inrush loads capability). Subtransient reactance %X”d=12%
- Voltage regulation/ Reactive Power support
- Peak Shaving
- Enables to optimize operation of renewable (Solar and Wind) and conventional sources of power:
- Configuration option to automatically charge batteries during high production by the renewables or during hours of low overall demand.
- Automatically supplement grid power during the hours of high demand or as dispatched by the Utility Co. SCADA control.
- Enables the automatic use of battery energy storage as a source of emergency power during power grid outages. Mode of operation include automatic, closed transition, bumpless load transfer between the utility grid and Battery Energy Storage Generator.
- Enables the automatic use of connected renewable sources as a source of emergency power during utility grid outages to increase the available batteries run time.
- Can be configured as a power conditioner to provide galvanic isolation between the utility grid and critical site loads while serving as an uninterruptable source of power to the site load.
- Can be configured as 50 Hz power source to provide shore power to the 50 Hz loads.
Advantages of APT Battery Energy Storage Generators over traditional inverter based systems:
- Provides galvanic isolation between the DC input and AC output.
- Provides fully automatic microgrid forming island mode of operation with high available fault current (subtransient reactance %X”d is approximately 12%) and robust motor starting capability (support locked rotor kVA of 1 P.U. at 0.6 PF).
- Three phase AC output with THD of less than 3% at no load.
- Allows automatic, closed transition, bumpless load transfer between the utility grid and microgrid.
- Allows paralleling and load sharing with unlimited number of similar generators and with third party diesel, natural gas or biogas driven generators.
- Enables operation of solar PV with grid connected inverters, isolated from the utility grid in case of grid outage.
APT Microgrid Sustainable Energy Solutions Brochure APT Microgrid Controller & Power Solutions Brochure APT 5kV-15kV Solar Combiner, Battery Energy Storage, & Utility Intertie Switchgear Solutions Brochure APT Utility Paralleling Switchgear Spec Sheet APT Automatic Generator Paralleling Switchgear Spec Sheet APT Motor Generator Sets, Packages, and Systems Brochure