Generator Quick Connection Switchboard
Generator Connection Switchboard Floor-Standing Series
The APT Generator Quick Connection Switchboard (FS Series) is designed to allow quick and safe connection of a mobile generator set to facilities experiencing loss of power. The switchboard is rated Type 3R for outdoor installation. Permanent installation and connection of the switchboard to the facility power distribution system will minimize any unplanned power outages. The primary components of the Connection Switchboard are ‘Cam-lok’ style receptacles and fixed mount insulated case circuit breaker.
APT Generator Quick Connection Switchboard (FS Series) Brochure
Single Circuit Breaker Generator Quick Connection Switchboard (FS Series) Equipment Specification PDF
APT Generator Quick Connection Switchboard (FS Series) Specification Word Document
- UL891 Listed
- Rating: 800 – 3000A, 480V (3Ø)
- 65kAIC (800 – 2000A)
- 100kAIC (over 2000A)
- Color coded, male ‘Cam-lok’ E1016 compatible single pole receptacles with cover.
- A phase – Brown
- B phase – Orange
- C phase – Yellow
- Neutral – White
- Ground – Green
- Silver plated copper bus.
- Circuit Breaker
- (1) Single 100% rated fixed mounted insulated case circuit breaker, UL® 489 listed, trip unit with adjustable Long time and Instantaneous trip settings.
- Circuit breaker position Aux Contacts (“a” and “b”).
- Circuit Breaker Sizes
- Type 3R for outdoor installation.
- Carbon steel.
- Powder coated ANSI 61 Gray.
- Internal Climate Control*
- Anti-condensation Heater w/ Thermostat.
- All hardware is stainless steel.
- Door handles are padlockable.
- Door will include an integral lower flip door.
- Allows the main door to be closed with the mobile generator cables connected.
- Typical Dimensions
*Requires 120V site power
- Ground Fault Monitoring:
- Can be easily set to trip the circuit breaker on ground fault or provide alarm indication only.
- Shunt Trip – 120VAC for tripping circuit breaker if phase rotation is incorrect or if ground fault logic is configured for tripping on ground fault.
- Configured at the factory per your order.
- Can easily be changed in the field.
- Phase Rotation Monitoring includes:
- Insures mobile generator set phase rotation matches that of facility.
- Provides visual assurance of correct phasing.
- Prevents circuit breaker from being closed if phase rotation is incorrect.
- Instructions to easily fix incorrect phase rotation are on a label inside each panel.
- Enclosure options:
- NEMA Type 1 for indoor installation
- NEMA Type 3R for outdoor installation
- Type 304 stainless steel
- Type 5052 aluminum
- Internal Climate Control*
- Anti-condensation Heater w/ Thermostat & Humidistat.
- Mechanical Lugs for Permanent facility-side connection.
- Alternative busbar connections with NEMA standard hole pattern and mechanical lugs for use in the event a mobile genset is used that does not have cables with ‘Cam-lok’ E1016 compatible plugs.
- Circuit Beaker
- No main circuit beaker
- Dual main circuit beakers
- Multiple generator circuit breakers
- Kirk Key Interlocking prevents inadvertent paralleling of two sources.
- Provision included for the circuit breaker.
- Provision with Kirk Key integration into circuit breaker and bottom flip door.
- Bottom flip door only.
- Ship loose of matching locks for installation on customer’s equipment.
- Contact APT factory to discuss any further requirements you may have including:
- Automatic Load Transfer
- Distribution Switchboards
- Service Entrance Rated
- Load Shed Contacts
- Generator Paralleling
- 5kV – 15kV Applications
- And more!
See page 4 of the APT Generator Quick Connection Switchboard (FS Series) Brochure
for base budget Generator Quick Connection Switchboard pricing information & part number building.