Generator Quick Connection Switchgear
Generator Connection Switchgear Medium Voltage Floor-Standing Series
The APT Generator Quick Connect Switchgear (MVFS Series) is designed to allow quick and safe connection of either a medium voltage mobile generator set or a low voltage mobile generator connected to a medium voltage step up transformer to facilities experiencing loss of power. The MVFS Series is ideal for facilities that require medium voltage (2.4kV to 15kV). The switchgear is rated Type 3R for outdoor installation. Permanent installation and connection of the switchgear to the facility power distribution system will minimize any unplanned power outages.
2.4kV – 15kV Generator Quick Connection Switchgear (MVFS Series) Brochure
Medium Voltage Generator Quick Connection Switchgear (MVFS Series) Flyer
APT Generator Quick Connection Switchboard (MVFS Series) Specification Word Document
- Rating: 200A-600A, up to 15kV
- Air-Insulated bushing wells Insulating protective caps with drain wire.
- Hanger for insulated caps when cables are connected to the bushings.
- Insulated caps installed on bushing inserts when cables are not connected using elbows.
- Grounding wires for insulating caps.
- ¼ x 2” Silver plated copper phase busbar for permanent cable connection.
- Terminal blocks for customer use.
- Type 3R for outdoor installation.
- Carbon steel.
- Powder coated ANSI 61 Gray.
- Internal Climate Control*
- Anti-condensation heater in front and rear compartments with thermostat wiring.
- All hardware is stainless steel.
- Door handles are padlockable.
- Door will include an integral lower flip door.
- Allows the main door to be closed with the mobile generator cables connected.
- Typical Dimensions:
*Requires 120V site power
Manual Transfer Options
- Output Circuit Protection
- Bolted Fuses
- Removable Clipped Fused
- Circuit Switching
- No main load break switch
- Dual main load break switch
- Multiple generator load break switches
- Circuit breakers
- Kirk Key Interlocking prevents inadvertent paralleling of two sources.
- Kirk Key integration into load break switch and bottom flip door.
- Kirk Key integration into load break switches and match utility source Kirk Key.
- Bottom flip door and match utility source Kirk Key.
- Ship loose of matching locks for installation on customer’s equipment.
- Contact APT factory to discuss any further requirements you may have including:
- Automatic Load Transfer
- Distribution Switchboards
- Service Entrance Rated
- Load Shed Contacts
- Generator Paralleling
- And more!
- Enclosure options:
- NEMA Type 1 for indoor installation
- NEMA Type 3R for outdoor installation
- Type 304 stainless steel
- Type 5052 aluminum
- Internal Climate Control*
- Anti-condensation Heater w/ Thermostat & Humidistat.