Neutral Grounding Resistors, Reactors and Systems
5 kV – 15 kV Low Resistance & High Impedance Power Systems
APT “low impedance grounding” Neutral Grounding Resistors and Reactors will reduce the stress and amount of damage to your power system equipment by controlling the magnitude of the ground fault currents. When used in generator neutral, these devices will also limit the amount of the generator available Line to Neural fault current below the design limits set by the NEMA MG1 generators design standard. Additionally APT Neutral Grounding Resistors and Reactors will reduce the magnitude of the harmonic currents, circulating in the neutrals of paralleled generators due to the differences in the generator winding pitches, armature reaction, and other system conditions. Please consult APT applications engineer if you need assistance with the selection of the neutral grounding system and sizing of the neutral grounding devices.
APT 5kV-15kV Low Resistance Neutral Grounding Resistor Spec
APT 5kV Neutral Grounding Resistors Drawing
APT 15kV Neutral Grounding Resistors Drawing
APT “High Impedance Grounding Systems” provide additional benefits, such as:
- Increased continuity of service due to the ability to operate the power system under the ground fault condition. Ground fault alarm is provided to alert the operations personnel to assist in identifying and correcting the ground fault condition and consider orderly shut down as required.
- Elimination of the stress on the power system equipment and damage to the power system equipment caused by the ground faults.
- Elimination of the arc flash hazard associated with the ground faults.
- Detection of the ground fault conditions in the previously ungrounded power systems.
- Elimination of the ferroresonance and “re-striking” overvoltages in ungrounded and high impedance grounded power systems.
Please consult APT applications engineer if you need assistance with the selection of type of the the neutral grounding system and sizing of the neutral grounding devices.
APT 5kV-15kV High Impedance Grounding System Spec