APT Microgrids focus on creating the energy systems of tomorrow; energy systems that are smart, energy efficient, sustainable, and reliable. An APT Microgrid is a self-sustained local energy grid with expansive control capability. APT Microgrids have the ability to operate autonomously and connect/disconnect from the utility power grid, either in parallel with the normal source utility grid (back-up/peakshaving applications) or isolated from the utility grid (primary power supply). APT Microgrids provide real time autonomous integrated control of power production and power consumption for medium scale (250 kW – 50 MW) low or medium voltage facilities. This involves the combination and real time control of several distributed energy resources (DER) in both grid-connected and grid-isolated modes of operation, instantaneous load matching, and active control of microgrid stability. APT Microgrids provide optimization of use of the diverse DER in various modes of operation, as well as automatic islanding and active synchronized re-connection of the microgrid loads to the utility power grid. APT Microgrids are designed and engineered to provide similar electrical characteristics and benefits for load starting and robust capabilities of large motor starting as the traditional grid.
APT Microgrid architecture is optimized to offer just the right combination of integrated DER and energy storage technologies to produce the most cost effective, reliable, and sustainable systems. Distributed energy resources (DER) controlled and/or supplied by APT Microgrids:
- Utility Power Grid
- Battery storage
- Battery Storage Driven Generators
- Solar PV array generation
- Diesel powered reciprocating engines
- Natural gas reciprocating engines
- Natural gas turbines
- Bio-gas and Landfill gas reciprocating engines
- Bio-gas and Landfill gas turbines
- Fuel cell generated power
APT Microgrid Master Control Panel (MMCP) is the most powerful and intelligent Microgrid controller on the market! It offers the ultimate in flexibility, customization, and state-of-the-art control to bring intelligence and automation to your power system. Click here to learn more!
At APT, we understand that each facility has different requirements and energy sources that can be used. Contact APT renewable energy system engineers for a free consultation to discuss your application specific needs!
Functions & Features
- kW and KVAR control of DER load to achieve Microgrid system stability by matching the site active and reactive loads with DER active and reactive power production.
- Optimization of utilization of various DER in grid connected and grid isolated modes of operation to achieve optimal balance between the efficiency and reliability of power delivery.
- Control and optimization of spinning reserve as required for each mode of operation
- Bumpless synchronous load transfer between the DER and Utility Grid.
- Minimizing the diesel generators fuel consumption, while ensuring the microgrid system stability when operating in emergency standby mode of operation. Emergency operation time can be extended as much as 6 times with the same amount of on-site fuel storage.
- Peak shaving and renewable DER power production peak shifting control for Load Demand Management.
- Load shed, load add and bus load optimization control.
- Grid frequency and voltage support control
- SCADA interface
MMCP provides native interfaces to APT Automatic Paralleling Switchgear Control panels and APT Master Control Panels as well as most 3rd party controllers via following native interfaces:
- Modbus TCP/IP Ethernet, Modbus RTU or Modbus ASCII serial (RS-485/RS-232)
- Analog voltage interfaces: 0-5 VDC, +/- 10 VDC, 0-3 VDC, 0-10 VDC, +/- 5 VDC, +/- 3 VDC, etc.
- Analog current interfaces: 4-20 mA, 0-20 mA
- Microprocessor controlled potentiometer
- Digital signals: 24 VDC, 48 VDC, 125 VDC, 120 VAC, etc.
Custom interfaces to 3rd party devices such as (Profibus, DNP, CAN, BACnet, SAE J1939, Caterpillar Data Link, etc.) are available upon request.
MMCP provides Modbus TCP/IP Ethernet, over copper of fiber, supervisory control and data acquisition interface to higher level SCADA, DCS or building management system.
- 20” Color touch-screen
- Microsoft Windows
- APT industrial computer (AiPC) equipped with the powerful APTView Control & Monitoring Software
- Provides a SCADA graphical user interface (GUI) for control and monitoring of the MMCP functions
- Allows MMCP functions to provide the following:
- Microgrid System One line.
- Storage of all the monitored data every minute with date and time stamp.
- Events log with date and time stamp.
- Emails can be sent upon any triggered event condition.
- Free license remote monitoring and remote control software.
- Capability of remote system troubleshooting.
- Adjustable setpoints and modes of operation to allow user adopt the system operation to changing needs.