Front Access Compact Medium Voltage Switchgear
5kV - 15 kV Ultra Compact Front Access Paralleling & Distribution Switchgear
The world's newest 26" Wide Switchgear!
The APT Front Access Switchgear is a Compact Medium Voltage (5kV – 15kV) air insulated SF6-free Switchgear that utilizes state-of-the-art innovative switchgear design methods and technology which allows for a smaller and lighter design that offers the peace of mind of visual assurance of full disconnection through the main bus connection window. With each section's small footprint (26"W x 38.5"D x 80"H), it will fit in places traditional sized switchgear cannot.
- Space saving Front Access Only design can be placed against the back wall.
- Smallest footprint 15 kV air insulated switchgear on the market, each section is only 40” deep and 28” wide.
- Increased operator safety:
o Remote controllable design
o Completely metal enclosed dead front
o Provision for connection of field grounding cables
o Removable metal panel for viewing blades position of the visible disconnect air insulated switch (through Lexan protected viewing window)
- Complete front access to all the components, bus and bolted joints.
- Easy to maintain & environmentally friendly:
o 100% air insulated, no SF6 gas used.
- Modular, slideout design of the major power switching components to minimize the downtime, should component replacement or repair be needed.
- Lower cost of installation: Insulating barriers provided between the phases, no need to tape or boot field cable terminations.
- All bus is manufactured from silver plated copper.
Vacuum Interrupters & Visible Disconnect
- Fixed mounted vacuum circuit breakers, installed on rollers. Rollers are provided to simplify the field removal of the circuit breakers.
- High-speed operation – complete fault clearing in less than 3 cycles
- Hermetically sealed vacuum interrupters protect contacts from corroding elements and contamination
- Inline visible air-disconnect switch, pad-lockable in open and/or closed position, to ensure personnel safety during power system service, maintenance, and repairs.