Advanced Power Technologies (APT)
The purpose of this position is to assist the company in the creation and development of web-based Sales & Marketing at our Lafayette, Indiana facility including the development and direct promotion of our products to potential customers.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), be highly organized, pay great attention to detail, and be totally in-tune with digital media. This person should possess the desire to excel with and learn from a team of hard-working professionals who have a passion for what they do. This position gives the flexibility to add creative touches to content creation and overall marketing strategies for the company.
We are looking for a smart and energetic individual who has a willingness to work hard and want to learn the skills that will get them the real world experience they need to jump-start their professional careers. You will work hard, gain valuable experience, and be a trusted team member that drives the sales & marketing side of the company.
Desired Skills/Things you will learn:
- Updating/developing website content via a content management system (CMS)
- Implementing website search engine optimization (SEO)
- Making and receiving direct telecommunications with the intent of promoting or selling company products or services to corporate customers. Receives orders, and closes deals of company products or services.
- Identifying prospects and tracking sales activities. May respond to customer inquiries by following standard scripts and procedures. Selling is the focus of this position.
- Coordinating and assisting with the marketing activities of our company’s product lines.
- Using simple marketing strategies and media (print, digital, etc.) to launch and position our products and services.
- Participating in creating brand awareness by managing and creating digital media for business’s external advertising and social media profiles.
- Arranging proposals and presentations using marketing resource materials such as brochures, data, slides, photographs, and reports.
- Word/image/data processing using Windows-based applications including but not limited to: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel or similar
- Adobe Reader
- Photo Editing Software
Performing administrative duties for the sales & marketing team as assigned and other miscellaneous tasks as needed.
Education & Qualifications:
- Creative candidates with the skills of individuals pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Media, Marketing, Communications, or Computer Graphics desired; however, formal education is not required.
- It would be helpful to have experience with website content development, social media, Adobe Reader and PDFs, photo editing software, WordPress and basic HTML (If not, we’ll teach you all of these and more).
- Experience in computer graphics, CAD, and marketing literature development is a plus.
- Minimum Experience Required:
- Position Type:
- Full Time, (Part-time options can be discussed)
- Job Function:
- Sales, Marketing, Graphics, Internet Media, Customer Relations, PR
- Approximate Time Commitment:
- 40-55 Hours Per Week
- Travel Percentage:
- Less than 10% travel